Wednesday 6 February 2008

Alasdair's sporting week with Halge



On Saturday 26th January I got up at 5.30 am, put Helga in my bag and set off for the Scottish Schools Swimming Championship in Glasgow. I had a good day and you can see Helga in the photo beside the 10 lane, 50 metre pool at Tollcross, which will be used for the Commonwealth Games when they come to Glasgow. When we left the pool it was dark and it took us more than an hour to find our hotel in East Kilbride because we got lost. We had to stop and ask directions in a pub which went silent when we walked in…scary.

There is another photo of Helga in the hotel room. We had just enough time to go for a swim and sauna before we had our dinner.

The next day I took Helga to the west of Scotland table tennis championships where I was competing. Although I was very tired from the day before I played quite well and had a couple of good games before playing the 14 year old Irish champion. Helga enjoyed this game as it was quite close, although I lost narrowly in the end. It was great to watch so many good players and I think Helga enjoyed it too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Helge had a very sporty week! Did you win a medal? Type again soon ...run out of time!