Tuesday 3 June 2008

Halge's week with Eilidh


On the 22nd of March 2008 Helge and I went to the festival of dance. This is a festival that celebrates Scottish Country Dancing and the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society which teaches people of all ages how to dance. Scottish Country dancing is one of my hobbies and I enjoy it very much. When we arrived there I had to put on a special costume which is a white skirt and a tartan top, unfortunately there wasn’t one small enough for Helga! Soon the festival began. There was wonderful music composed especially for Scottish country dancing and lots of fun. On most of the dances everybody danced at the same time but some of the dances were demonstration dances. Demonstration dances are when one group chooses a dance they have been learning at their lessons and performs it in the centre of the hall. It soon was time for my demonstration dance called Clutha. I had been practicing it a lot and was ready to perform it with the rest of my group. It went really well and I’m sure Helge enjoyed watching it. Soon it was time for Helge and I to go home.

The next day it was Easter! In Scotland we celebrate Easter by giving rolling chocolate eggs down a hill and then eating them. Today my mum, my dad, my brother Cameron, my granny, my grandad, Helge and I went to Falkland palace to roll our Easter eggs. It was great fun and Helge enjoyed it too!

No comments: